Creationism vs. Feminism/Intersectionalism/SJWism

A forum to discuss Economics, Business, Investing, History, Politics

Creationism vs. Feminism/Intersectionalism/SJWism

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 am

For those who are creationists, contrast your views with the Social "Justice" Warrior, Post Modern Marxist radical Intersectional Feminists:

The following replies are samples of "research" published by Feminist Journals that were culled from the Twitter site, New Real Peer Review.
Last edited by stcordova on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
stcordova

Re: Creationism vs. Feminism (from New Real Peer Review)

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10. ... 15.1075317

International Feminist Journal of Politics

WINNER OF THE ENLOE AWARD 2014
Drone Disorientations
HOW “UNMANNED” WEAPONS QUEER THE EXPERIENCE OF KILLING IN WAR

Killing with drones produces queer moments of disorientation. Drawing on queer phenomenology, I show how militarized masculinities function as spatiotemporal landmarks that give killing in war its “orientation” and make it morally intelligible. These bearings no longer make sense for drone warfare, which radically deviates from two of its main axes: the home–combat and distance–intimacy binaries. Through a narrative methodology, I show how descriptions of drone warfare are rife with symptoms of an unresolved disorientation, often expressed as gender anxiety over the failure of the distance–intimacy and home–combat axes to orient killing with drones. The resulting vertigo sparks a frenzy of reorientation attempts, but disorientation can lead in multiple and sometimes surprising directions – including, but not exclusively, more violent ones. With drones, the point is that none have yet been reliably secured, and I conclude by arguing that, in the midst of this confusion, it is important not to lose sight of the possibility of new paths, and the “hope of new directions.”
Last edited by stcordova on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

http://irqr.ucpress.edu/content/10/4/340
International Review of Qualitative Research

becoming cyborg
Activist Filmmaker, the Living Camera, Participatory Democracy, and Their Weaving

M. Francyne Huckaby

This article explores the chimeric hybridity of portable camera, sound recorder, filmmaker, and audience as research and activist cyborg weaving. Situating filmmaking in critical qualitative, ethnographic, and sociological traditions, I share my journey into becoming woman and machine—cine-eye-ear—in the struggle for continued access to public education. Throughout this article I use lowercase letters to deemphasize the importance of the individualized human in cyborg connection.
Last edited by stcordova on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

http://dcqr.ucpress.edu/content/6/4/87

Departures in Critical Qualitative Research

Stranger and Stranger
Living Stories on Others' Doorsteps

L. Shelley Rawlins

Depart Crit Qual Res, Vol. 6 No. 4, Winter 2017; (pp. 87-110) DOI: 10.1525/dcqr.2017.6.4.87

This article explores the chimeric hybridity of portable camera, sound recorder, filmmaker, and audience as research and activist cyborg weaving. Situating filmmaking in critical qualitative, ethnographic, and sociological traditions, I share my journey into becoming woman and machine—cine-eye-ear—in the struggle for continued access to public education. Throughout this article I use lowercase letters to deemphasize the importance of the individualized human in cyborg connection.
stcordova

Re: Creationism vs. Feminism/Intersectionalism/SJWism

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 am

https://archivaria.ca/index.php/archiva ... view/13557
Archivaria

From Human Rights to Feminist Ethics: Radical Empathy in the Archives
Michelle Caswell, Marika Cifor

Abstract

Much recent discussion about social justice in archival studies has assumed a legalistic, rights-based framework to delineate the role of records, archives, and archivists in both the violation of human rights and in holding individuals and governments accountable for basic human rights, such as the right to life, privacy, and freedom of expression. Yet decades of feminist scholarship have called into question the universality of a rights-based framework, arguing instead that an ethics of care is a more inclusive and apt model for envisioning and enacting a more just society. This article proposes a shift in the theoretical model used by archivists and archival studies scholars to address social justice concerns – from that based on individual rights to a model based on feminist ethics. In a feminist ethics approach, archivists are seen as caregivers, bound to records creators, subjects, users, and communities through a web of mutual affective responsibility. This article proposes four interrelated shifts in these archival relationships, based on radical empathy.
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am

http://www.jstor.org/stable/1495388?seq ... b_contents

JOURNAL ARTICLE
Queer Pedagogy: Praxis Makes Im/Perfect
Mary Bryson and Suzanne de Castell
Canadian Journal of Education / Revue canadienne de l'éducation
Vol. 18, No. 3, Against the Grain: Narratives of Resistance (Summer, 1993), pp. 285-305
Published by: Canadian Society for the Study of Education
DOI: 10.2307/1495388
Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/1495388
Page Count: 21
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.10 ... 37026705_9

Whiteness and Leisure pp 139-157| Cite as

Whiteness and Everyday Leisure

Authors and affiliations
Karl Spracklen

Abstract

It’s Monday morning and I am in the shop at my local railway station. It’s 7.30 in the morning but for some reason there are no Guardian newspapers left to buy. I ask for my usual small latte and ask the bloke behind the counter what’s happened to The Guardian. Just sold out of them today, ‘ he shrugs. They never have many at the shop. It’s a small town, the end or the railway line, and there are never that many liberal intelligentsia on the 7.47 out to Leeds — so the shop only has three or four copies of the paper. I ask him if he could put a copy of the paper under the counter for me in future. He agrees but says ‘you do realize the papers are full of rubbish, don’t you?’ I know that! I know even The Guardian, paper of the bourgeois liberal elite, is awfully white and awfully partial, and I despair of its lack of detail on world news, and its obsession with a narrow, metropolitan middle-class Southern elite culture. But I need my daily paper because I’m a crossword addict. Not the quick crossword, the cryptic one. If I don’t get to have a go at the cryptic crossword on the way to work I feel I’m missing something, and I get fractious. I do the crossword because it exercises my brain, and I love the beauty of the solutions (know-all rascal met with disaster [5,4]). But I am aware of two things when I do these crosswords: firstly, I am doing the crossword because I am a professional commuter working in a professional job, and maybe I am just replicating the accepted behaviour of the middle-class white English professional on the way to work; and secondly, to solve the clues it is necessary to have a general knowledge of very specific things in white, Western (English) elite culture — the paper’s cryptic crossword of 10 August 2012, for example, depended on an extensive knowledge of TS Eliot.
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 am

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 17.1322822
Journal of Theoretical Humanities
Volume 22, 2017 - Issue 2: tranimacies: intimate links between animal and trans* studies

EGO HIPPO
the subject as metaphor

Florentin Félix Morin

Abstract

This article explores the formation of a tranimal, hippopotamus alter-ego. Confronting transgender with transpecies, the author claims that his hippopotamus “identity” allowed him to (verbally) escape, all at once, several sets of categorization that govern human bodies (“gender,” “sexuality,” age). He starts with an account of how his metaphorical hippo-self is collectively produced and performed, distinguishing the subjective, the intersubjective and the social. The article then investigates the politics of equating transgender and transpecies, critically examining the question of the inclusion of “xenogenders” in the trans political movement. Finally, the author returns to the magical power of metaphors, arguing that metaphors do materialize insofar as the flesh does not remain unchanged by them. Analogizing his hippo-self to a “cut” as theorized by Eva Hayward – a regeneration of the boundaries of the self – he offers a final crossing to the world of fiction by showing how the His Dark Materials trilogy outlines an aesthetics of porosity, which suggests that the self is, as much as a novel, a work of fiction.
stcordova

Return to Economics, Investing, History, Politics