[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Creation Evolution University • View topic - Please help poor Thornton out on the Uranium questions

Please help poor Thornton out on the Uranium questions

A forum for discussion and criticism of specialized topics relevant (pro and con) to Creation Science - fossil dating, flood geology, C14, K/Ar, radio metric dating, diffusion dating, racemization dating, DNA dating, stellar and planetary evolution, erosion dating, fast stratification, interpretations of the geological column, baraminology, distant starlight problem, Y-chromosomal Adam/Noah/Aaron/Abraham, mitochondrial Eve, Tower of Babel, Proton-21 laboratory, Sodom and Gomorrah, OEC,YEC, Progressive creation, white hole cosmology, Carmeli cosmology, VSL theories, alternate electrodynamics, mantle plume theories, folding rock theories, RATE work, planetary magnetism, faint young sun paradox, moon recession, ocean mineral saturation, astrometry and proper motion surveys, very long baseline interferometry, CMBR, moon evolution, cosmological vs. non-cosmological red shifts, polonium halos, Hydro Plates and Castastrophic Plates, varves, tree rings, noah's ark, over thrusts, lithification, hydrologic sorting, canopy theory, crater theory, planetary heating, ancient civilizations, Atlantis, trophical trees in the arctic, woolly mammoths and tropical trees in Siberia, UFOs and creationism, comets and orbital mechanics, planet satellite capture problems, planetary rings, origin of folded rocks, the Grand Canyon, the Green River valley, the Three Sisters, mountain formation, seafloor formation, tectonics, etc.

Please help poor Thornton out on the Uranium questions

Postby stcordova » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:51 am

stcordova

Re: Please help poor Thornton out on the Uranium questions

Postby Paul Giem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Paul Giem

Postby Paul Giem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Sal, can you enable superscript and subscript?
Paul Giem

Postby Paul Giem » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:26 pm

I just figured out the correct formula for the 95th percent confidence limit if one finds carbon-14 in 10 out of samples. It is the 10th root of 0.05, or 0.74, multiplied by 10. That is, if we expect 7.4 out of the 10 samples, or more, to have measurable carbon-14, then equal to or greater than 5% of the time we will find that all 10 of our samples have carbon-14.
Paul Giem

Postby stcordova » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 pm

stcordova

Postby stcordova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I am a member of CRS and have access to Rotta's paper. Incredible. Public domain portions I will post here if I have time.
stcordova

Postby stcordova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Last edited by stcordova on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stcordova

Postby sterusjon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 pm

Stcordova,

I am confused by N = number Uranium atoms in your prior entry. What you posted seems complete with only references to N. Does N refer to Thorium as another, albeit weaker, source of C?

Stephen
sterusjon

Postby stcordova » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm

SteRusJon,

Thank you, I made a mistake, and corrected it to Thorium. I'm still working through the paper and it seems this section is a bit confusing in the paper. I'm trying my best to summarize the salient points. I can e-mail you the paper if you think you can help me uncoil it. I might try to see if some of the nuclear chemistry students at JMU can help me work the problem out.

Sal
stcordova

Postby sterusjon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Sal,

Please forward the paper to me. I do not know how much help I can be since the cobwebs are rather dense in the my mind's physics archive. But, right now, I am in the mood for a little house cleaning in that section.

Stephen
sterusjon

Next

Return to Creation Science