[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Creation Evolution University • View topic - YECs are closet macro evolutionists because of Noah's Ark

YECs are closet macro evolutionists because of Noah's Ark

A forum for discussion and criticism of specialized topics relevant (pro and con) to Creation Science - fossil dating, flood geology, C14, K/Ar, radio metric dating, diffusion dating, racemization dating, DNA dating, stellar and planetary evolution, erosion dating, fast stratification, interpretations of the geological column, baraminology, distant starlight problem, Y-chromosomal Adam/Noah/Aaron/Abraham, mitochondrial Eve, Tower of Babel, Proton-21 laboratory, Sodom and Gomorrah, OEC,YEC, Progressive creation, white hole cosmology, Carmeli cosmology, VSL theories, alternate electrodynamics, mantle plume theories, folding rock theories, RATE work, planetary magnetism, faint young sun paradox, moon recession, ocean mineral saturation, astrometry and proper motion surveys, very long baseline interferometry, CMBR, moon evolution, cosmological vs. non-cosmological red shifts, polonium halos, Hydro Plates and Castastrophic Plates, varves, tree rings, noah's ark, over thrusts, lithification, hydrologic sorting, canopy theory, crater theory, planetary heating, ancient civilizations, Atlantis, trophical trees in the arctic, woolly mammoths and tropical trees in Siberia, UFOs and creationism, comets and orbital mechanics, planet satellite capture problems, planetary rings, origin of folded rocks, the Grand Canyon, the Green River valley, the Three Sisters, mountain formation, seafloor formation, tectonics, etc.

Re: YECs are closet macro evolutionists because of Noah's Ar

Postby stcordova » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:36 pm

Thorn Troll,

You don't strike me as being scientifically knowledgeable. Example:
stcordova

Postby Robert Byers » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Robert Byers

Postby Hezekiah Wang » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:13 pm

The lack of hyperlinking to a user profile is indication of banning and removal from the forum. It can also be confirmed by reviewing the member list.
Hezekiah Wang
Site Admin

Postby sterusjon » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 pm

sterusjon

Postby sterusjon » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:46 pm

Robert,

I am not convinced that marsupials are converted placentals. I am very open minded about a lot of possibilities in a lot of different fields. I think many scientific disciplines have gone off the rails with some very basic assumptions and have built grand edifices that are founded on sand. From a plasma cosmology perspective, there is some evidence that Australia was a focus of plasma effects in the past. I wonder what the affect of intense electric and magnetic fields and the associated currents and ionization would have on the genetic and epigenetic attributes of living forms during reproductive processes. Maybe it amounts to nothing. Then again, it might be surprising.

Stephen
sterusjon

Postby johnspenn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Thorton is pretty funny. In the process of his continued mockery of mine (and others) position, he actually posted a study bolstering the hypotheses I have been making. Thank you sir.

First of all, Thorton's referenced abstract on Genome Sequencing Highlights the Dynamic Early History of Dogs talks about "severe" population bottlenecks in the wolf and dog lineages. Hmmm... there were a bunch, then suddenly there weren't... what could have happened? Anyone? Anyone? (Hint there is a movie coming out about it.)

It could be that at the time of the flood, there were already domesticated wolves/dogs from which we have all the different breeds of the same today, on the ark. Wolves were also part of the cargo. So much of the pre-loaded information would have been lost in the "population bottleneck".

From the study: " A sharp bottleneck in wolves occurred soon after their divergence from dogs, implying that the pool of diversity from which dogs arose was substantially larger than represented by modern wolf populations." This reinforces my hypothesis above.

He also misinterprets my objective. I am not trying to "prove" anything. I am just trying to make sense out of what I know to be true from the Bible, and reconcile how these things could have happened in my own head. I have already admitted I'm not a scientist. If any of you guys have more knowledge about this kind of stuff than me, I'm willing to listen to reasonable discussion.

Sal, what do you think of my thoughts here and previously regarding your OP?
johnspenn

Postby stcordova » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 pm

johnspenn,

Actually I had not much of an opinion about anything because it's not my field of expertise. I like your dog analysis. I hope you'll forgive me if I skimmed over some things you wrote in response to Thornton, remember he's cut from the same mold of guys who argue dead dogs don't stay dead dogs.

Regarding the OP and the OP's link, I felt it important to post an issue that a Brother in Christ, a pro Darwin biologist, had to say. I think he is mistaken, but I don't attribute it to atheism since he is a professing Christian, and especially in today's post Christian culture he has nothing to gain by saying he is a believer. So his objection against the 10,000 birds species on the ark carry some weight.

Regarding the issue of marsupials and placentals and sea mammals, my view is how does the issue bear on solving the issue of Noah's ark? As a Christian apologist, though these questions are interesting, I'd like to hear how a model will advance the Christian faith if true.

One reason I've partially defended the idea that whales had legs is that what if they did? It would make the creationists look bad. Why stake a claim that makes no difference in the question of the Ark or creation or Christianity, but will just make creationists look bad if they are wrong. Saying whales had legs is a different claim than saying they evolved from cows. I don't see why there is a reason at this stage to argue one way or another.

I also have a view that most YECs think is heretical, but I don't see why. Maybe the only creatures on the ark were those that survived, maybe lots died in the flood including dinosaurs. When God said "every" creature, is the every in the most general sense? That won't be the first time that the notion of "every" may not mean what we think it means.

I'm not averse to thinking Dinos were killed in the great flood or even the fall of man or maybe even some other pre-flood catastrophe. I don't know. It's not my field.

Sal
stcordova

Postby Robert Byers » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Robert Byers

Postby Barb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:22 am

[quote="Robert Byers
God gave creatures the innate mechanisms to do this as he told them to fill the earth and he meant their biology ability. [/quote]

That directive was given to humans, not creatures.
Barb

Postby sterusjon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:01 pm

sterusjon

PreviousNext

Return to Creation Science