For Thorton only: Are you willing to engage one on one?

Any topic under the sun.

For Thorton only: Are you willing to engage one on one?

Postby johnspenn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 am

Hello Thorton,

Would you be willing to have a one on one discussion with me regarding the things you hold to be true? I'd like to find out what it is that you believe, and why.

My proposal is that I would ask you questions, and of course you can feel free to ask me anything you like.

If you're willing, just say so and I will begin with my questions.

A note about me: I am a YEC Christian, but am not overly dogmatic on my young earth position.

Thanks for considering.

PS It doesn't have to be in a public forum like this. If you would rather I am willing to exchange email addresses.
johnspenn
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: For Thorton only: Are you willing to engage one on one?

Postby Thorton » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 am

johnspenn wrote:Hello Thorton,

Would you be willing to have a one on one discussion with me regarding the things you hold to be true? I'd like to find out what it is that you believe, and why.

My proposal is that I would ask you questions, and of course you can feel free to ask me anything you like.

If you're willing, just say so and I will begin with my questions.

A note about me: I am a YEC Christian, but am not overly dogmatic on my young earth position.

Thanks for considering.

PS It doesn't have to be in a public forum like this. If you would rather I am willing to exchange email addresses.


Hi John,

I'm willing to answer to the best of my ability any technical questions you have about the sciences that support evolutionary theory. Go ahead and start a new thread here if you like. I am not willing to discuss any aspects of my personal life however - I keep the real world and these internet discussions strictly segregated.
Thorton
 

Re: For Thorton only: Are you willing to engage one on one?

Postby johnspenn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks Thorton, but that's not what I had in mind. I was hoping to get more personal (what do you believe, exactly, why, stuff like that). Best to you.
johnspenn
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Re: For Thorton only: Are you willing to engage one on one?

Postby mycorrhizae » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 am

Thorton wrote:Hi John,
I am not willing to discuss any aspects of my personal life however - I keep the real world and these internet discussions strictly segregated.


johnspenn wrote:Thanks Thorton, but that's not what I had in mind. I was hoping to get more personal (what do you believe, exactly, why, stuff like that). Best to you.


It's hardly a loss John. First of all he is hardly ever interested in anything to do with a science discussion. His partial quote above is a lie. He is interested in personal life aspects, but only those of others. He passionately investigates his opponents, attempts at exposing who they are and follows a line of personal attacks. The entire historical strategy of his posting on the Internet on this subject reveals him not only relishing in his own personal beliefs which cannot be questioned by anyone, but also self-centered viewpoints and making ad hominem attacks on other's personal life with delight. I know how passion can be a powerful motivator. It helps me in the work I do. But I also know from personal experience that living one’s life driven by antagonism, constantly fighting “against” something, getting temporary highs by making sweeping “gotcha” statements about others, does not make for a pleasant life. The negativity eventually bleeds into everything. Bitterness results.. And that's what you will always have with a discussion with Thorton. You soon realize that his entire worldview is solidly based on the hatred of others as opposed to his love of anything to do with science. Science is merely used as a smokescreen.

Be thankful that the Moderators flushed the toilet here and sanitized the forum.
mycorrhizae
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:00 am


Return to Any topic under the sun

cron