Quotes from anti-Christians

A forum for exploring archaeology and history and discussing, criticizing and developing Christian Apologetics.

Quotes from anti-Christians

Postby stcordova » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:52 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateEvolutio ... d/dt2dsuu/
Well putting aside for a moment the fact that hell is a myth created by the Zoroastrians (or possibly the Egyptians), if hell were real and only “born again Christians” go to heaven, I would indeed rather spend eternity in hell with the likes of Christopher Hitchens, Mark Twain, Carl Sagan and Epicurus than the likes of the homophobe and misogynist apostle Paul, born again serial killers Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy and (still living) evangelists like Benny Hinn, Peter Popoff and Pat Robertson.

stcordova

Re: Quotes from anti-Christians

Postby stcordova » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:29 am

They used to distribute these on the Navajo Reservation. When I was maybe 6, my brother and I lived in Window Rock in a small 3-bedroom house with my 6 cousins, 2 uncles, aunt, and grandparents. My mom would occasionally stay with us, but she was often gone for months at a time. My father and her divorced, so I only saw him twice growing up. One day my mother grabbed me, took me to the back bedroom, and beat the shit out of me for what seemed like an hour. She kicked me, punched me, slapped me, threw me against the wall, beat me until I couldn't cry anymore. Apparently my cousin did something to his sister and blamed it on me. My mother made me apologize to my uncle, but I had no idea what I was apologizing for, only that my mother was angry at me, as was everyone else in the house. She left me in a corner in the dark bleeding and crying, never said a word after that. She found out later that my cousin had been responsible for whatever happened to his sister because he finally confessed, and so I had nothing to do with it, but she never apologized to me for beating me. Because I learned to read at a young age, I read this Chick tract comic "Somebody Loves Me" many times. I could relate to the suffering of the little boy and his father being a raging alcoholic, because my uncle and grandparents were always drunk and fighting. It was a chaotic, violent, terrifying environment for a child, and oddly enough despite having no one who cared for me, no one to protect me, I felt like I had an angel watching over me. The truth is, I didn't. God never answered my prayers, I suffered immensely, and was neglected for years, yet no angel ever appeared to help me. Whoever the asshole was who distributed these religious tracts probably never considered how cruel it was to simply be honest with people about the realities of society. The truth is, the world is a harsh place, and we're only safe and protected from it when we take it upon ourselves to do so. There are no invisible angels. They do not prevent, nor erase trauma, and these religious comics only made things worse. The funniest part of the story, my grandmother attended Catholic mass often, and was very religious. It's amazing how absolutely irrelevant and useless that farce was in every imaginable way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHoNpm0ZDUc
stcordova

Return to Christian Apologetics, Archaeology, History