[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Creation Evolution University • View topic - Why Did God Create Nested Hierarchies

Why Did God Create Nested Hierarchies

A forum for exploring archaeology and history and discussing, criticizing and developing Christian Apologetics.

Why Did God Create Nested Hierarchies

Postby stcordova » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Last edited by stcordova on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stcordova

Re: Why Did God Create Nested Hierarchies

Postby stcordova » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 pm

stcordova

Re: Why Did God Create Nested Hierarchies

Postby stcordova » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 pm

> Given this, why should it bother creationists that we see semi-nested hierarchies of living things, along with significant discordances?

It bothered me. Actually Michael Denton was an Old Earth Creationist and then became an atheist when he went to medical school and was in the dissection room observing the organs and limbs of humans and apes. Eventually Denton became and agnostic and wrote an ID friendly book when he concluded Evolution was a theory in crisis. So he sort of went not quite full circle in his views.

I see lot of the discordances, but they aren't always blatant. There are former creationists who are became ID proponents, like Mike Gene (his pen name), who felt if God wanted to make creation blatantly obvious, he wouldn't have made something like a chimp.

Now, in the man-made world of designs, there are hierarchical designs all over the place, but they don't replicate. Further, phylogenetic relationship in species lines do create nested hierarchies -- like the genealogy of Abraham. There are nested hierarchies that begin with his two sons, Ishmael and Issaac, and this is strongly supported by genetic evidence, aka the Abraham Modal Haplotype:

http://abraham-modal-haplotype.wikia.co ... _haplotype

But, when one really scrutinizes the data, one sees that hierarchies defined by orphan genes and TRG's aren't generated through a process of replication since TRGs have no traceable ancestor, and neither do they make any mechanistic sense in terms of common descent. The classic example are the TRGs in the eukaryotic spliceosome. I shared this info with a Christian Darwinist pre-med biology sophomore, and he became a creationist in one hour!

But, given that it's in my nature to be skeptical and curious and ask "why", and I kept asking. Well, when I started doing my investigative reporting work at the NIH, and I saw all the cruel things we do to lab creatures (like changing their genomes and deliberately giving them birth defects), I began to appreciate and be grateful God made creatures similar to us. I was wondering why I had to go through bomb and firearms security screening each time I went to the NIH. The rumor is animal rights activists have been terrorizing researchers and have killed and injured several researchers around the world.

God ordained that human life cannot be sustained without the death, the spilling of blood, of innocent creatures. Biology seems a picture of Christian doctrine of the Lamb of God. It extends not just to food, but to scientific understanding of our biology. We could not understand ourselves without the sacrifice of innocent animals.

Also, the patterns of difference and similarity are HIGHLY optimized to help us elucidate protein structure and function. I definitely saw that by studying protein sequence alignments and identifying key functional motifs. Darwinists will say that this is "conserved" due to selection, but that won't work if the fossil record and life are young. The patterns of similarity and difference are VERY deliberate, imho, optimized for scientific discovery, just like our Privileged Planet.
stcordova

Return to Christian Apologetics, Archaeology, History